Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Here Comes The Heat...

Ashlyn posed for a few pics the other day. I just had to share them :)

Ugh....I know it's been extra hot everywhere and we chose to live here, but the past two days have been 110 degrees! Everyone says the first summer is the worst and that once it hits a certain point it all feels the same. The part that stinks is that it just doesn't cool off. I took Donovan out for a walk about 9 o'clock the other night and I was still sweating when we walked out the door. I think we're just planning to spend a lot of time indoors over the next few months :) This is what I get for bragging all winter about how warm it was!

I'm so excited! Maybe you know about this already.... In my ongoing quest to search for money saving options, I've found a great website. http://www.coupons.com/ Not only are there several free coupons that you can choose and print, but there are also several recipes on the site. You can search for what you'd like, and it even has links between the ingredients and coupons that are available for them. This is a much cheaper alternative than subscribing the the newspaper that just gets tossed in the recycling bin.

Other than a few people in our ward and a couple neighbors, we don't have many friends down here yet. Not that it is easy to really get out and do alot with a baby now, but it does get a little lonely sometimes. I was so happy the other day when I got in touch with an old roommate and friend from college. We roomed together at BYU ten years ago....ouch! Anyway, I knew that Kirsten and Pepe had moved to around here but was surprised to find out they are living right here in Queen Creek as well. We got in touch and Ashlyn and I went over there yesterday for lunch. They have adorable one -year-old twin boys. It was so fun to catch up and hang out. We are going to try and make a playdate once a week!
Hope ya'll are doing well :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cutie Ashlyn is! That outfit is adorable! Thanks for the coupon tips. I'm proud of you for how organized you are!

Heather said...

I agree thanks for the coupon tips and Ashlyn is adorable!

Sorry to hear that it is soooo hot down there. We had our "hots" for a couple of days and know we are having some more "colds". Go figure right, we live in Utah.

Maybe I will rethink coming to visit you in the dead of summer!

About Us said...

Thanks - we think she's a sweetie:) So I'll get the hang of this comment and response thing eventually. Heather - I didn't mean to ignore you before....we don't have a large freezer, but I would love the recipes for some meals!

Tevita and Jodi said...

Hey RaShelle,
I got your blog off of Shayla. I hope it's ok to comment to you. Oh, by the way, this is Jodi(used to be Christensen). I talked to your dad quite a while ago and asked how you were doing. Your family is so cute! Another good coupon place is www.pinchingyourpennies.com. Try it out!

The Cox Family said...

what a cutie I love little girls!!! Thanks for the coupon tip, sharon has just started doing some things with coupons and I know food isn't cheap in Hawaii I will be looking for any alternatives I can find. As far as the summer in AZ, just find a pool and it will be your best friend, but the winters make up for it. Shirlyn

Darren and Kim said...

She is so beautiful. Babies are such a joy!