Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ashlyn!

Ashlyn refuses to look into the camera to have her picture taken. She'll learn that won't stop me from being a shutter bug. Note that the bow did not stay on much longer than this 'cause she doesn't have it on in the rest of the day's pics. Oh, well....we tried.

We had such a fun time today. Even if Ashlyn doesn't quite get what it's all about, she knew something special was going on. I'm so glad her birthday fell on a Saturday because Derek didn't have to work and we were able to spend the entire day together as a family.
"Ready....Go!" That seemed to be Ashlyn's phrase of the day. Whether it was running away from mom & dad at the zoo, taking off on her new trike, or pouring water everywhere in the bathtub....she would preface everything with a "Ready.....go!"
Here's a quick view of how we celebrated our little bug's special day.
Decorations - check
Lunch at Olive Garden (yummy) - check
Day at the Phoenix Zoo - check
(We even ran into our friends the Albrechtsens in the Reptile Area - fun to see them since they recently moved out of our ward)
New Bike & Books - check
(We hid them in the bathroom till we were settled in at home and ready - Ashlyn opened the door & found her little trike before we were ready....surprise! She was so excited. She can't quite reach the peddles but, "Ready....go!" and she's off all around the house - so cute.)
Birthday Cake - check
(I decided to be a bit more creative this year)
Bathtime - check
Bedtime - double check!

She got a card from Grandma & Grandpa Pulsipher in the mail yesterday. She was so happy & possessive about it. I was just trying to take her picture and she thought I was going to take the card & money away.
This is her running into the bathroom to hide.
And this is her shutting the door in my face telling me "No!".
Hmmm.... how rude! Someone better teach that kid some manners :)
By the way - Thank you Grandma & Grandpa!








Happy Birthday, Ashlyn! We Love You!!!

7 comments:

Hayley said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn! What a cutie! Wasn't she just born? What a beautiful little girl.

Alyssa said...

it was fun to see you at the zoo...LOVE her cake! great job!

Rachel Miller said...

She is such a cutie! And I LOVE that cake :)

The Herberts said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn! You did such a great job on her cake... SO cute!!

Shayla D. said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Ashlyn! So crazy to think she's already 2. You did a wonderful job on her cake! I wish I were that creative and talented. :o)

The Cox Family said...

time goes by so fast. She is a doll Shirlyn

The Cox Family said...

Hey I am excited to hear you are coming in May. I would love to get together with you guys and I would love to share some of our favorite places with you we will keep in touch and as it gets closer let me know and I will try to be as much help as possible. Shirlyn