Tomorrow is Ashlyn's 1st Birthday!!!! Since we are away from all family, we're not going to do much except celebrate with just the three of us. There are plenty of neighbor kids around the same age that I could invite over for cake, but since she doesn't know what's going on - the celebration is really for the parents anyway, right? We'll have cake and order pizza. I'll probably put up some signs and balloons, too - at least Derek and I will have fun :).
I'm excited because she's finally starting to actually play with her toys. She's nearly walking, though still not confident enough to let go for long yet.
She's such a character & barely sits still. I took her in for pictures the other day at JC Penney. The girl that took her pics was great and got some really good shots - can't wait to get them back and put up. Ashlyn really hammed it up for the camera and pulled some pretty cheezy grins.
Milestones for last week: No more Bottles - yay!!! She made the switch from formula to milk pretty well and going to sippy cup was painless. She loves trying to drink out of her own regular cup, "trying" being the key word. If only future kids will be as easy going.... I'm really diggin' not having to buy baby food or formula. Crackers, cereal, and cutting up regular food is so much cheaper and more fun.
Rob, Derek's brother-in-law, came from Boise last weekend to play in a Field Hockey tournament in Phoenix. We went to watch him play a game & chat for a bit. Last night we met our friend Darren to go to dinner and catch up. He happens to be in town for some training classes for work. It's been really nice to visit with friends and family from home, but leaves us feeling a little bit wierd and empty when driving away. If it helps to entice more people to come visit - last week the weather was in the 80's & it's been averaging the mid 70's this winter!
I have to give a big "shout out" to Rachel.
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!! on Sunday.
Thanks for checkin' in and hope you're having a great week!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday, Cute Girl! What a doll she is. I hope all three of you have a great day. :o) I can't believe how easy-going she is. You definitely are spoiled.
Good to see you back here! Happy Birthday to the little one. She is so cute! My thoughts on facebook...I would rather blog. I only get on there once a month and I don't really like it. Good luck whatever you decide.
Your daughter is a doll! I can't believe that she is going to be one already! Also we go to Pheonix about 3 or 4 times a year to see Brian's brother and sister in law. We should do lunch one of these times! But we are pretty random about when we go - spur of the moment thing.
Also - I have facebook and it is WONDERFUL. I love it! It has tons of people we grew up with at GVHS on it. It's a great way to stay in touch with everyone! I think you will really like it. You could always try it, and delete it if you hate it!
Hey! Definitely go ahead and add me! Happy birthday to Ashlyn and congrats on getting off the bottle! We did that with Mireya right at one too, and it was one of the greatest things ever.
As for facebook... Not a fan. I had one for a while but I deleted it. I don't know what it was about it, but I didn't really like it.
Happy Birthday!! Wow I really can't belive that she is one! My how time flies, she sure is cute I wish we could have seen you in your many trips to Utah! Hopefully next time!
Happy Birthday Ashlyn! I'm glad she switched to milk so easily for you. Also-you are in BIG trouble!.....
Kids just grow up too fast. I am on facebook and I have found some people there who don't have a blog so I enjoy both. Lynlee is running but we haven't tackled the bottle thing but we really haven't tried yet. Sounds like I may give it a go. I hope all is well with you.
I am such a bad aunt!!! Meant to call yesterday but the day was over with before I knew it. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! Hope that you all enjoyed the day.
Facebook, I have one, don't ever really use it. People invite me to things and what not but don't ever respond or anything to the invites. It is a good way to "talk" to people versus the blogging stuff. I do keep in contact with a few people that way, but then again they also have blogs. Anywho, give it a try, I don't love it but don't hate it either
Post a Comment