Ashlyn and I flew up on Tues. August 5th. Derek's mom picked us up from the airport and we went back to their house to have lunch and see Heather, Madelyn(4), & Spencer(2) (Derek's sister & her kids) before heading out to Roosevelt where my sister lives.
We spent Tuesday evening through Friday afternoon in Roosevelt. I was so happy that I finally got to watch my nieces barrel race. 
It was so much fun to spend time with the girls and for my sister and I to spend time together. Man, I should have got started having kids when I was a bit younger....I was exhausted! There I was attempting to help my sister who gave birth just 3 weeks before and broke her back in March. She is the one that kept going and I couldn't keep up.
On Friday we headed for Gunnison/Salina. Traveling with four kids under the age of five was an adventure in itself. We had to stop 3 or 4 times but finally made it to my mom's around 9:30 that night. Saturday was my cousin Matthew's wedding and it was so great to see and catch up with a lot of our family at the luncheon. We got to spend time that night with my brothers, sister-in-law, and other niece as well. There are five little girls between my three siblings and I.
It was so cute to see them all together. Sunday we visited with my great aunt, grandmother, and my grandparents that live in Aurora and 
(Ashlyn with Grandpa James)
then we went to my Dad's in Fayette. Lots and lots of time in the car for those four little girls! Ashlyn was such a trooper the entire trip.
Monday morning my sister had a check-up appointment in Salt Lake, so we drove up there and her husband met us at the doctor's office. She is doing great with her back. Of course she is doing way too much, but she does continue to improve. Then we all decided to go to the Hogle Zoo while we were there. 
Why is it that when you are a kid everything seems so much bigger and more active than it really is? At any rate, it was a lot of fun. Ashlyn, however, was so tired that she slept in her stroller through most of it. We grabbed some lunch and then it was time to say goodbye while they went back to Roosevelt and we stayed in Salt Lake.
We met Rachel and Tonya Monday evening to chat and catch up. Although it makes dinner more exciting while trying to entertain two kids (Rachel has a 2 year old), it is always great to see them and hang out with old friends.
(Ashlyn & her Grandma Pulsipher)
Derek's parents live in Sandy so we spent the next couple days with them. It was nice to relax and not have to drive anywhere. On Tuesday Heather came down for the day with her two kids,
so Ashlyn got to spend time with her cousins at Grandma & Grandpa Pulsipher's. We flew out on Wednesday afternoon. It was so great to come visit, but it was so nice to get back home too. We missed Derek so much and Ashlyn was sure happy to see her Daddy at the airport. She couldn't stop smiling and staring at him. Then, of course, she was up late that night. I guess she was happy to be back in familiar surroundings 'cause she just kept playing on the floor and squealing.
I'm sorry that we didn't have more time to spend and see everyone I would have liked to. Hopefully next trip :) In the mean time - I'm thinking of you all and grateful for your love and support! Miss you!
7 comments:
What a week and we were glad to see you twice!
Congratulations on the new calling. I will have to send some ideas to you about what we do for enrichment activities. Good thing they are only once every quarter!
Cute pictures! Sounds like you had a great trip. Good for you!
You will do great at the new calling and yes it will get you to those meetings!:)
Wow Rashelle she is getting so big. I can't believe Tyrel and Mariah gave 3 kids. That is crazy. Hope everything is going well.
Mekesha
Sounds like a fun and busy trip. But you just have to love being with family. Sounds like Mariah is doind well what an amazing person. Shirlyn
Mariah's girls are beautiful! How in the world did she break her back? Ashlyn is getting big and cuter than ever! Hope everything is well! Love Marci
Post a Comment